This Oatmeal Butter Brown Sugar Cake is a fantastic option for families looking for a tasty, versatile, and gluten-free treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. Whether you’re serving it for breakfast, as a snack, or as dessert, it’s sure to become a beloved favorite for both kids and adults alike.
This cake is also much healthier than conventional treats and cakes. It’s also nutrient-rich. However, it should be consumed in moderation if you watch your weight. Even though we use the best ingredients we can get – organic butter and Muscovado sugar (a type of unrefined cane sugar), it’s still nicely buttery and sweet.
5 Reasons to Try This Oatmeal Butter Brown Sugar Cake Recipe
Quick and Easy
Firstly, this recipe comes together easily with simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, making it perfect for busy parents or anyone short on time.
Kid and Adult-Friendly
Secondly, the combination of oats, brown sugar, and butter creates a comforting, familiar flavor that appeals to both children and adults alike. It’s a timeless classic that’s sure to please everyone at the table.
Thirdly, this cake isn’t just for dessert – its wholesome ingredients make it suitable for breakfast or as a quick snack. The oats provide fiber and sustained energy, making it a filling and satisfying option for any time of day.
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Butter Brown Sugar Cake
By using oats that are certified gluten-free, this cake becomes accessible to those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease, allowing everyone to indulge in its deliciousness without worry.
Satisfies Sweet Cravings
With its rich, buttery flavor and the sweetness from the brown sugar, this cake satisfies cravings for something sweet without being overly indulgent. It’s the perfect solution for when you want a treat but still want to keep it relatively healthy.
Nutrients in the main Ingredients of the Oatmeal Butter Brown Sugar Cake
For us parents, is important that our kids and families eat nutrient-dense meals and not just empty calories. So, let’s break down the nutrients in the main ingredients of this Oatmeal Butter Brown Sugar Cake :
No surprise here! This cake is made with oats. Oats are rich in complex carbohydrates, providing sustained energy. They are a good source of dietary fiber, particularly beta-glucan, which helps lower cholesterol levels and improve heart health. Oats also contain various vitamins and minerals, including manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, zinc, and B vitamins like thiamine and folate.
Eggs are highly nutritious. They are a complete protein source, meaning they contain all nine essential amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own. They are also an excellent source of high-quality protein, with one large egg containing about 6 grams of protein. Furthermore, eggs are rich in several vitamins and minerals. Among them are Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folate (Vitamin B9), iron, phosphorus, selenium, and zinc. Additionally, eggs are one of the best dietary sources of choline. It’s a nutrient important for brain health, liver function, and fetal development during pregnancy.
Butter is primarily fat, specifically saturated fat. It also contains small amounts of vitamins A, D, E, and K, as well as trace amounts of minerals like calcium and phosphorus.
We use here the Muscovado sugar which is a type of unrefined cane sugar with a strong molasses flavor. It contains varying amounts of minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium. The minerals are present due to the minimal processing it undergoes. Muscovado sugar retains more moisture than refined sugars, which contributes to the texture and moisture of this cake.
This cake is a healthier option compared to some other desserts because it provides fiber and other beneficial nutrients. However, it’s important to consume it in moderation due to the sugar and fat content.
Oatmeal Butter Brown Sugar Cake Recipe
This Oatmeal Butter Brown Sugar Cake is a fantastic option for families looking for a tasty, versatile, and gluten-free treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. Whether you're serving it for breakfast, as a snack, or as dessert, it's sure to become a beloved favorite for both kids and adults alike.
- 1 eggs
- 5 Tbsp of Oats
- 1 Tbsp of Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Muscovado Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of soft organic Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Backing Powder
- these are the ingredients for a small 2 portion cake. It's just enough for a mom and toddler portion, making it a perfect small treat without excess leftovers. If you need a bigger cake, simply double or triple the ingredients for the desired quantity.
1. Place all the ingredients into the mixing bowl. This includes rolled oats, brown sugar, softened butter, eggs, vanilla sugar, baking powder, and yogurt.
2. Blend Until Smooth. Use a blender to blend all the ingredients until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
3. Once blended, check the consistency of the batter. It should be smooth and uniform, without any lumps. Check whether it's enough sweet for you.
4. Pour the batter into a greased baking pan.
5. Bake at 180°C (356°F) for about 10 minutes. After baking for 10 to 15 minutes, use a knife or toothpick to check if the cake is baked through. Insert the knife or toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, with no batter sticking to it, the cake is ready. If crumbs or wet batter are clinging to the knife, continue baking for a few more minutes before testing again. This ensures that the cake is fully cooked and avoids any undercooked sections.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 20gCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 6gSugar: 25gProtein: 25g
Happy snacking! If this is not enough, we have more oatmeal cakes waiting for you!