Looking for an easy and yummy toddler snack or easy breakfast to satisfy also your your little one’s sweet tooth? Check out these 6 yummy apple muffins! Easy to make and fast to bake.
They are not only delicious but also a good source of fiber for anyone at home.
Science suggests, that apples are rich source of phytochemicals. Epidemiological studies have also linked the consumption of apples with reduced risk of some cancers, cardiovascular disease, asthma, and diabetes.
For sure, it’s much better to eat a fresh apple. But if your little one doesn’t, it’s still better to hide an apple in muffin that will be eaten for sure.
So, here they are the 6 yummy apple muffins – great as a toddler snack or as a toddler breakfast the next day.
If you have a little bit more time, invite your little one to help out in the kitchen with baking. They can for example wash the apple, help with gathering the ingredients and put them in a bowl. Also, they can help with blending and spooning the batter into the muffin cups. Baking is a great toddler kitchen activity that helps your toddler practice fine motor, math and language skills. Well worth to involve your little one with helping out at home early on.
- 1 peeled and diced sweet apple
- 2 eggs
- 1 espresso cup brown sugar
- 1/2 espresso cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon backing powder
- 1 espresso cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Put the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a bowl and blend until smooth.
- Add the diced apple and blend again.
- Add flour and cinnamon and blend again until very smooth.
- Pour or spoon the batter/mixture into 6 muffin cups. I used here silicone muffin cups and greased them with some butter. Alternatively, you can use paper baking cups in a muffin pan or similar.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before removing.
- Bon Apetit!
These 6 apple muffins are still great when they are cold. We keep them either sealed in a food bag or in a container in the fridge. As a result, they become little bit moist and are even yummier the next 2 days. Easy to bring along and no mess, apple muffins are perfect as snacks for long walks or afternoon picnics when the weather is good.
You can also serve them for breakfast with a glass of milk or a small bowl of plain yogurt.
Happy Cooking and Eating!