Are you looking for a fun fall activity for toddlers where you can use some pine cones? Try this simple learn shapes with pine cones activity for your 2-year old today! This game will give your little one the opportunity to practice using new words, count, compare different sizes, build shapes, and appreciate nature in a new way!
This simple toddler activity is as easy as collecting some pine cones. And that’s exactly what you need – few pine cones to count and to build shapes.
How to use them
No-prep, spontaneous and fun, you can try out this fall activity for toddlers today or any day you walk in nature. What you need to do is
- You both to collect some pine cones.
- Then you both sort them according to their size and color.
- Additionally, you count them.
- Last but not least, build some easy shapes and numbers.
Nothing easier than to learn shapes and counting with pine cones with your little one while walking in a park in the autumn!
You can build a circle, a star, a triangle, a rectangle and build even a house!
You can make a funny face, an angry face, a sad face and so much more!
Benefits from this Fall Activity for Toddlers with Pine Cones
Simple but powerful learning tool, this activity has many benefits for toddlers:
- Developing the ability to count verbally
- Recognizing shapes
- Identifying quantity
- Understanding sizes (big-small, long-short)
- Helps your toddler to develop descriptive language skills.
- Ensures clear communication
- Strengthens creativity and bound with nature.
- Physical exercise.
Additionally, pine cones have their own nice smell of autumn. You can collect the best you find and use them in many different ways. Some ideas, you can find here.
Looking for more toddler activities? We have some more to try out today!