Banana Oatmeal is one of the yummiest and healthiest meal choices for toddlers. Moreover, your little one can eat it anytime – for breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. It is always yummy, creamy, nutritious.
To begin with, there are many, many ways to prepare oatmeal. As an example, this one is among the best, when you think your toddler needs something warm. In particular before nap time, so they can sleep a bit longer and deeper.
Yummy, healthy, creamy, and warm banana oatmeal
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 small banana
- 1 tsp butter
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Vanilla (optional)
1. Put the milk and oats in a pot and blend them with a hand blender.
2. Put them on a stove and use a low to medium heat setting. Stir constantly until they get creamy and boil (it will take around a minute).
2. Take them off the stove and add the banana.
3. Blend everything well together with the hand blender.
4. Add some butter, cinnamon and vanilla if your child likes it.
To make healthy food choices is a life skill, that will help your child to grow up healthy and happy.
Therefore, offering your little one – fresh fruits and vegetables, unprocessed food, homemade meals help them to establish healthy meal habits.
By the way, banana oatmeal is a yummy, healthy food choice for your little one, starting at 6 months old.
Many scientific studies, provided evidence that oatmeal offers many health benefits and should be embraced as a lifestyle option.
In short, banana and oats are both prebiotic foods. Thus, prebiotics stimulates the growth and maintenance of good gut bacteria. Oats are known for their nutritional value and health benefits. They are rich in fiber (insoluble and soluble), phosphorus, thiamine, magnesium, and zinc. Bananas are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
The main benefits are
- Improving gut flora and health,
- Strengthen the immune system,
- Better recovery after being sick and antibiotic treatment.
Additionally, warm banana oatmeal helps your little one to sleep longer and deeper.
Want to try more? Click here for Banana Yogurt Oatmeal for toddlers