We love these easy DIY honey bee crafts for kids and adults! Got some white beans? Don’t keep them all in stock – take out a few and do some pretty cool things for your little one! Beans are great for all kinds of fine motor and sensory activities.
Honey bees are just great creatures! Did you know that they must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey? Pretty tough, right? Share some fun facts with your little one about honey bees while doing these easy honey bee crafts for kids!
Creating these honey bees is easy and fun!
What you need is:
- Few dry white beans
- Yellow and Light Blue nail polish
- Permanent Marker
Disposable gloves. I use for example simple latex gloves.
- Firstly, put the gloves on and place the beans on a sheet of paper or paper towel in front of you.
- Secondly, paint the one side of a bean with the yellow nail polish and wait until dry. This will be the body of the honey bee.
- Thirdly, paint the one side of a bean with the light blue nail polish and wait until dry. This will be the wings of the honey bee.
- Afterwards, draw eyes and stripes on the yellow body of the honey bee with a black permanent marker.
- That’s it! Your honey bee is ready to be assembled. Fly and play!
DIY honey bee crafts for kids
In a first place these honey bees are great for any fine motor activity and sensory play. Your little one can play with them indoors as well outdoors.
They are also so versatile! You can for example put them in a sensory bag and practice counting and simple math. For more ideas check out these fine motor activities and sensory play with DIY honey bees.
You can download a free printable background here.