Your kids will love these simple and delicious muffins for an easy beakfast or a quick snack! This is a collection of 10 healthy muffin recipes for kids that are flourless, refined sugar free, gluten free and high in fiber. Baking these muffins won’t take a ton of time or effort and the little ones can help too! Great to make ahead for the week and to pack in your kids lunch box.
Use our super easy, basic, healthy muffin recipe and make your favourite healthy variation – apple, pumpkin, blueberry, banana, zucchini, hidden veggies, chocolate chip muffins! Your choice! All these easy muffins are ready in just 20 min or even less!
If you are mom of sugar craving kids, you are probably asking yourself how to tame your child’s sugar cravings? Give a try to these muffins instead of regular sweets and if you’re going to use sugar, then use coconut sugar, brown sugar or honey, and use it sparingly.
So, here they are our TOP 10 best ever easy, healthy muffins recipes!
Ingredients needed: gluten free oats, vanilla, butter, eggs….
Ingredients needed: gluten free oats, apple, baking powder, eggs….
Ingredients needed: oats, ripe bananas, coconut oil, yogurt….
Ingredients needed: oats, cacao powder, milk, eggs, cherries….
Ingredients needed: eggs, coconut sugar, blueberries, baking soda….
Ingredients needed: shredded pumpkin, vanilla, ground oats, butter, eggs….
Ingredients needed: pumpkin puree, quick oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream cheese….
Ingredients needed: apple, yogurt, oats, honey, cinnamon….
Ingredients needed: ripe bananas, oats, almond butter, flax meal….
Ingredients needed: oats, eggs, yogurt, blueberries, honey….
How To MAke The Best Healthy Muffins For Kids:
One thing is for sure – these healthy muffins are easy, tasty and irresistible even for kids. All these simple muffin recipes are high in fibre and nutrient-dense.
- Use oats: We are using oats as the base for all of these, no flour needed. Therefore, the muffins are packed with vitamins, minerals and complex carbohydrates.
- Add healthy fats. Coconut oil contains natural saturated fats. It helps to increase the good HDL cholesterol levels in your body and to turn the bad LDL cholesterol into a less harmful form. In some of the recipes we use butter, but high quality butter contains a ton of essential vitamins like vitamin A and B12 that your kids definitely need. Still, both of these options are high in saturated fats and calories and should be enjoyed in moderation.
- Add fruits and vegetables. Hiding fruits or vegetables in these muffins is super easy and your kids will actually love the result. Some great options are apples, blueberries, bananas, pumpkin, zucchini, cherries or even spinach!
Fruits and vegetables keep us alive
Always remember to eat your five
Wiggle your hips and do our jive
Always remember to eat your five.
Mr. Potato knows best!
- Make them refined sugar free: using bananas, honey, maple syrup or coconut sugar is a better option here. Coconut sugar is still a type of sugar, but a better, healthier alternative of regular refined sugar. Still, use it sparingly!
This is a collection of 10 healthy muffin recipes for kids that are flourless, refined sugar free, gluten free and high in fiber.
For The Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 peeled and diced sweet apple
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon backing powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- optional: 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and blend until very smooth (takes bit longer than with a regular flour)
- Pour or spoon the batter/mixture into muffin cups. You can use paper baking cups in a muffin pan or similar.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before removing.
- Bon Apetit!
The original apple muffin recipe is here.