These 6 pumpkin muffins are a great, easy, healthy and yummy toddler snack for not only for Halloween, you can make them anytime! This is the right muffin recipe, if you are looking for an easy toddler snack or easy breakfast to satisfy also your your little one’s sweet tooth. You need only 20 min to make and bake this gluten-free snack for your little one!
These breakfast muffins are not only delicious but also a great source of fiber for anyone at home.
Check out these 9 impressive health benefits of pumpkin and feel good about making this easy and healthy Halloween toddler snack or Halloween toddler breakfast the next day. And don’t forget how nutrients dense is oat flour (made from rolled oats): it’s packed with nutrients such as manganese, phosphorous, copper, biotin, vitamin B1, magnesium, chromium, and fiber.
If you have a little bit more time, invite your little one to help out in the kitchen with baking. They can cut the pumpkin, help with gathering the ingredients and put them in a bowl. They can also help with blending and spooning the batter into the muffin cups.
This is a great practical life activity to practice fine motor, math and language skills. You can also download our free Halloween printable to decorate the muffins with your little one.
Easy Halloween pumpkin Muffins
You need few simple ingredients for these delicious Halloween inspired pumpkin muffins:
1 small cup shredded butternut squash
1 espresso cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
1/2 espresso cup melted butter
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1/2 teaspoon backing powder
1 small cup gluten-free oat flour
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 espresso cup = 1/4 cup = 50 g = 1.78 oz
1 small cup = 5/8 cup = 70 g = 2.46 oz
Put the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a bowl and blend until smooth.
Add the shredded pumpkin/ butternut squash and blend again.
Add oat flour and cinnamon and blend again until very smooth.
Pour or spoon the batter/mixture into 6 muffin cups. I used here paper baking cups in a muffin pan.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
Leave the muffins in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before removing.
The muffins taste best after an hour or two.
Super easy, healthy pumpkin muffins for breakfast or snack, great as Halloween toddler snack or breakfast
- 1 small cup shredded pumpkin/ butternut squash
- 2 eggs
- 1 espresso cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 espresso cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon backing powder
- 1 small cup oat flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 espresso cup = 1/4 cup = 50 g = 1.78 oz
- 1 small cup = 5/8 cup = 70 g = 2.46 oz
- Put the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a bowl and blend until smooth.
- Add the shredded pumpkin and blend again.
- Add flour and cinnamon and blend again until very smooth.
- Pour or spoon the batter/mixture into 6 muffin cups. I used here paper baking cups in a muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before removing. They taste best when you leave them cool down for an hour or two.
- Bon Apetit!
If you want to make also a frosting - I did here a 1 min-cream cheese frosting - 4 tbsp of cream cheese with 1/2 tbsp vanilla sugar. Stir vigorously until super smooth and just put it on top!
These 6 pumpkin muffins are still great when they are cold. We keep them either sealed in a food bag or in a container in the fridge. As a result, they become little bit moist and are even yummier the next 2 days. Easy to bring along and no mess, pumpkin muffins are perfect as snacks for long walks in the park or afternoon picnics when the October weather is good.
You can also serve them for a Halloween breakfast with a glass of milk or a small bowl of plain yogurt.
Happy Cooking and Eating!