This easy flourless oatmeal carrot cake recipe is amazing! You would never know there’s no refined sugar or flour in this delicious healthy carrot cake. It’s a great healthy snack oatmeal cake for when you need something sweet to pair with tea, coffee or milk for the little ones. Perfect toddler made and toddler approved recipe that grown ups will love as well.
This tasty carrot cake is made with 8 simple ingredients that you probably already have at home:
- Oats (we used quick oats)
- Baking soda
How To Make This Flourless Oatmeal Carrot Cake
The process is super easy and a great way to involve your kids in the kitchen as well – I made this with my 3-year old, he loves baking cakes, cookies and mixing the batter for pancakes. Here are the 4 steps:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350F or 180C
- Step 2: Put all ingredients except the carrots into a bowl and blend until creamy with a hand blender. If you don’t have a hand blender, you can use a blender to process the batter.
- Step 3: Stir in the carrots, line a 7×7 baking pan with parchment paper and spread the batter inside.
- Step 4: Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clear after inserted into the cake.
Slice and enjoy!
You can definitely make some changes if you don’t have the exact same ingredients. For example, feel free to use maple syrup if you can’t use honey or coconut oil if you don’t want to use butter.
You can also make this cake completely gluten and dairy free by using gluten free oats and coconut oil instead of butter.
We like this carrot cake on its own, but if you’d like to make a super easy frosting grab some cream cheese, honey and vanilla, mix together and spread over the cake once it’s cooled off.
This easy flourless oatmeal carrot cake recipe is healthier and delicious! Made with simple ingredients this healthy oatmeal snack cake is refined sugar-free, kid-approved and great to have with your morning coffee or tea.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 180C/300F.
- Put all ingredients, except the shredded carrot into a bowl and blend with an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, place the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the shredded carrot.
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper (I used 7x7 - around 18cm). Spread the mixture in the pan and bake at 180C/350F for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool off and slice and enjoy!
This carrot cake is super tasty on its own, but if you’d like to make a super easy frosting grab some cream cheese, honey and vanilla, mix together and spread over the cake once it’s cooled off.