This easy meal prep breakfast egg bake recipe with chicken is delicious, easily portable and the perfect make ahead breakfast idea to eat on the go. This healthy breakfast recipe keeps in the fridge for a few days. It’s gluten free and you can also make it low carb by leaving out the oats. If you’re going to share with your toddler, don’t add onions to the batch – my toddler didn’t seem too excited about them.
Meal Prep Breakfast Egg Bake With Chicken
Snack and breakfast on the go is turning out to be a real challenge since we went gluten-free. We’re good on sweet options with the oatmeal pancakes, the oatmeal cake, the oatmeal muffins…But there comes a time when you just need something that is not sweet. Even when you’re a kid.
Solution: egg bake. It’s tasty and it keeps well in the fridge – perfect for meal prep. Honestly, it’s so great to have something savory and yummy ready for breakfast or for a snack.
How To Make Meal Prep Breakfast Egg Bake With Chicken
This is such an easy recipe. All you need to do is:
- Prepare the ingredients. I used shredded cooked chicken, grated some carrots and zucchini and chopped the other vegetables
- Mix. First mix the eggs and cream cheese until combined. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread this mixture in a small baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 180C or 350F for around 20-30 minutes.
- Make it low carb: You can easily make this bake low carb, simply don’t add oats.
- Make it vegetarian: Leave out the chicken to make this meal vegetarian.
- Top with cheese: you can make this cheesier by adding some shredded mozzarella on top.
As you can see, the recipe is pretty versatile. I hope you enjoy this easy breakfast egg bake with chicken!
Here’s the printable recipe, we hope you enjoy it!
This meal prep breakfast egg bake recipe is an easy healthy egg breakfast idea that you can eat on the go and snack on whenever you crave something savory and don't want to eat chips.
- 3 eggs
- ½ zucchini, grated
- ½ carrot, grated
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 3 tbsp oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
- Mix eggs with cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture in a small baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for around 20 minutes.
- Let the egg bake cool off, slice and enjoy!
If you’re want more easy meal ideas, make sure to check out our toddler meal idea page – you’ll find recipes that are great for you and your toddler!