These flourless oatmeal blueberry muffins make the best healthy grab-and-go breakfast idea for toddlers and older kids!
Kid-friendly and picky-eater-approved these healthy breakfast muffins with blueberries, oats and eggs are super easy to make and very versatile. Yes, even a toddler can make them.
If you’re an adult, don’t worry, this can be a tasty treat for you as well! Especially when you’re craving a muffin, but want to eat a bit healthier – this easy blueberry muffin recipe without flour is here to help. You can even meal prep them as an easy breakfast option for the week.
So grab those blueberries and oats and let’s start baking the muffins!
INGREDIENTS For The Flourless Blueberry Muffins
All you need to make these healthy blueberry muffins are simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge. Here are the main ones:
- Eggs. Eggs are very nutritious and a great food for kids as well (well, in moderation, of course)! They’re rich in protein and several B-vitamins. Eggs are an essential ingredient in muffins and important as a binding agent, especially in flourless baking recipes like this one.
- Coconut sugar. Or another type of sugar you have – brown or even table sugar should work as well. I recommend having a bit of a taste of the batter before baking (I know raw egg – but trust me it’s safe for the most part, especially if it’s just a taste). If the batter isn’t sweet enough – add some more sugar.
- Oats. We usually buy and use fine oats, which are pretty much quick oats. However, since we’ll be soaking them and blending – it’s fine to use rolled as well.
- Blueberries. Honestly, if this wasn’t a blueberry muffin recipe, you could make these muffins with chocolate chunks, other fruit chunks just as well! But like most people we love blueberries!
- Other baking ingredients: The other ingredients we used here are baking soda, butter, milk and vanilla!
How To Make Kid-Friendly Flourless Blueberry Muffins
Making these flourless blueberry muffins for your toddler is quite easy. More than that, it’s a great way to involve your kids in the kitchen. Sure it might get a little messy, but your child will be so happy to help, I promise. I made these a while ago with my 3-year-old as he loves baking and cooking in general (I mean it seems that’s all we do right now). There were some oats on the floor and table where we made the batter, but nothing you can’t fix.
Whether you make these breakfast blueberry muffins on your own, with your kids, partner or a friend here are the 5 easy steps to follow:
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350F or 180C
- Step 2: Put all ingredients except the blueberries into a bowl and let sit for 5 minutes, so that the oats can soak a bit.
- Step 3: Blend the mixture until creamy with an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a blender to process the batter.
- Step 3: Stir in the blueberries, add muffin liners to a muffin pan, and fill each one until about 3/4.
- Step 4: Bake the muffins for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the muffin.
If you don’t have the exact same ingredients as the recipe for these healthy breakfast muffins calls for, you can change things up.
For example, if you don’t have coconut sugar – use whatever type of sugar you have.
You can also make these muffins completely gluten and dairy free by using gluten-free oats, dairy-free milk and coconut oil instead of butter.
Another great option and something to experiment with would be adding different fruit or chocolate chunks to the batter!
I hope you enjoy these, you can find the printable recipe below.
These flourless oatmeal blueberry muffins are kid-friendly, healthy and make the perfect on-the-go breakfast idea for kids and toddlers! Made with simple ingredients these healthy breakfast muffins are super delicious and easy to make!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 180C/300F.
- Put all ingredients, except the blueberries into a bowl. Let the oats soak for about 5 minutes in the mixture.
- Blend the mixture with an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, place the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Fill the cups with the mixture until 3/4 and bake at 180C/350F for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool off and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for healthy and flourless blueberry muffins! If you want even more healthy muffin recipes, be sure to check out our other oatmeal muffin recipes as well: