One minute is all the time you will need to create this super easy but super fun “The Wheels on the Bus” sensory bag.
This sensory bag is great for ages 1-3 and helps your little one to practice their fine motor skills. But not only that! Your toddler can also sing along the famous nursery rhymes while busy fixing the wheels on the bus.
So, let’s sing along while creating a great sensory play for your toddler or baby:
The wheels on the bus go round and roundVerna Hills
Round and round
Round and round
The wheels on the bus go round and round…
The Wheels on the Bus Sensory Bag
To get started, you will need also few things, that you surely have already at home:
- Clear resealable plastic ziploc bag.
- Permanent marker.
- Filling: Yellow liquid soup OR yellow Jello.
- 2 wheel-like black buttons.
- Optionally glitter glue, if your little one likes it.
- Firstly, use the permanent marker to draw a bus without wheels on the ziploc bag. I’ve added few strick-figures and a trafic light too.
- Secondly, pour the liquid soap or jello into the ziploc bag and then add the buttons. I’ve filled about 1/4 of the bag with liquid soup.
- Thirdly, press out the air out of the bag and seal it.
- Finally, place and tape the sensory bag onto your toddler’s activity table.
- That’s it! Your toddler can finally start playing!
How it goes
Here is a short video, of how the activity goes in our case. Pretty surprising, but it takes much longer than initially thought. Our little one seems to enjoy to push the buttons around the bus. And when he tries to bring them back to their intended position, he struggles a bit. Practice, practice, practice.
Looking for more fun toddler activities? Check out more of them!