This super delicious, healthy, creamy chicken soup is a great and super easy toddler meal for your little one.
Especially in the winter season, it is always good to warm up with this healthy toddler meal. Chicken soup is not only good as a cold remedy, but also a great way to prevent common cold in the winter. In particular, there is a scientific evidence behind the cold-fighting properties of chicken soup. In short, it has an anti-Inflammatory effect. Furthermore, it increases the movement of nasal mucus and aids in clearing the airways. So, if you want to know more about it, check out this article from the UCLA Center East-West Medicine.
Additionally, this toddler meal is low prep, and stays good in the fridge for 2 days, if you or your little one or you don’t eat it right away.
THIS DELICIOUS, HEALTHY, CREAMY CHICKEN SOUP IS A GREAT AND EASY TODDLER MEAL FOR YOUR LITTLE ONE.
- 6-7 chicken wings (boiled in salty water for 30-35 minutes, deboned) OR 3-4 chicken legs (boiled in salty water for 35-40 minutes)
- 1 big potato or 2 small potatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cups of water (to boil the chicken)
- 2 tbsp Vermicelli Pasta (soup pasta, 2 min cook time)
- 1 yolk (make sure that there are no traces of egg white)
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- cut parsley or cilantro to decorate
- Cut the onion small.
- Boil the tbsp olive oil, chicken wings or the chicken legs and the cut onion for 35-40 min in the salty water (4-5 cups) until ready and easy to debone.
- Peel and cut the potatoes and the carrot in small cubes while the chicken is boiling.
- Take out the chicken out of the broth and debone it.
- Put the deboned chicken, potatoes, and carrots in the chicken back into the broth and boil for another 15 minutes until potatoes are ready.
- Put additional salt and water, if needed to cover the ingredients.
- When the potatoes are ready, add 2 tbsp of wheat vermicelli or soup pasta (2 min cook time). Make sure that there is enough broth/water left.
- Blend the egg yolk and the yogurt until smooth and add some hot broth to the mixture.
- Add the blended yolk, yogurt and broth to the ready soup and cook for another minutes while stirring.
- Add some cut fresh parsley or cilantro.